Sunday, May 31, 2015

Madeleine Maria

First, I must say becoming a Mom has been the most emotionally amazing experience! It is definitely life changing, but the feeling that came over me the minute I saw my little girl was indescribable! 

Miss Madeleine Maria was born on May 13, 2015! 
She was born at 4:07PM and weighed 7lbs 1oz. 
I ended up being induced because Madeleine was 41 weeks and a few days. My husband and I went to the hospital the night of May 12th to begin the induction process. At 6:30AM the next morning I began Pitocin to start contractions. All was going well until the early afternoon when Madeleine's heart rate started dropping with each contraction. My doctor felt it would be best for our little girl if we did an cesarean section because with her heart rate dropping she feared that the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. The doctor made the right call because when she was born the cord was wrapped twice. We weren't planning on having a c-section but my husband and I wanted her to arrive happy and healthy. 

Recovery from the c-section was tough because my body does not handle pain medications very well. I survived the recovery on just Ibuprofen. The first few days were tough in the hospital and my amazing husband changed every single dirty diaper. I am so thankful to have such a loving and supportive husband. 

Madeleine is now almost three weeks! I love her so much and could spend the whole day holding her and staring at her. We love watching her smile as she dreams and her beautiful eyes brighten my whole day. 
(May 20th)
(May 27th)
I thank my lucky stars that I get to be this little girl's Mommy! I am so excited to watch her grow and explore the world around her. The teacher in me can't wait to teach her how to read but in the mean time I am going to enjoy reading her bedtime stories. 



2 comments: