Image Map

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tell All Tuesday: Summer Flashback



It's time for another Tell all Tuesday with Jayme from Teach Talk Inspire and Diana from My Day in K! Todays Tell all Tuesday is a summer flashback to way back when...

Each summer my family would travel down to Duck, North Carolina for a week at the beach. It was a summer tradition that lasted throughout my high school years. 

When I was little my Dad was always working so I quickly learned that a week at the beach was a guaranteed week of Daddy time, without him leaving for work! I loved stroller rides and time at the beach but there was one thing I didn't like...sand!  
Headed to the beach with Dad!



I hated the sand so much that my parents had to put a boogie board down just to give their arms a break from holding me. Once I was on that boogie board I wouldn't move, I would stand there the whole time and just look around. My parents didn't have to worry about me running away when we were down by the water, thats for sure! 

A few years later I got over my fear the sand but to this day I still hate the feeling of sand in my bathing suit. I mean..does anyone really like that feeling?!? I am not one to sit on the shore and let the waves rush over me unless I am in a chair (and a good book in my hands). 

Anyone else with me?

Thanks for check out my summer flashback true confession!

6 comments:

  1. Haha too funny and sweet!!! I was definitely in the same boat. I would take change my suit anytime there was sand in it! Love the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I love that they would just stick you on the boogie board! I don't care for sand in my suit now, but it never bothered me as a child. I was way more of a beach bum as a child!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!! But I'm there with you-the feeling of sand ugh!! And still, weeks after going to the beach somehow I still find sand. Everywhere!!!!

    Jessica
    www.prideandprimary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is too cute Jackie! Let me tell you...I hate sand as well!! I don't think I could ever live at the beach for that reason. My husband on the other hand could bathe in it...craziness! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie
    I HATE the sand too! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I'm glad i'm not the only one! I love your pictures with your Daddy! Such special time! Thank you for sharing!!
    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, your pictures are the cutest! I am not the biggest fan of sand either. Loved looking at your special memories. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us!

    ReplyDelete